Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Volturi


I am so glad I didn't take Calculus. Now that I really think about it, it makes sense to me why I wouldn't even want to look at a derived slope. But I miss it a little, I must admit. I miss the integration of x to the fourth minus the sine of negative three. But I don't miss it enough to go back to it, no sir.
I don't miss it as much as I miss Kirchner and her insanity.

I don't miss it as much as I miss Scott and her bias.

I don't miss it as much as I miss going to Tallahassee to protest for SB6, which would basically destroy the existence of great teachers and blow up the little shred of hope anyone ever had that the public education system would be good for the kids to be part of. Screw privatization of education. We learned the same things in the four years I sat in a 30-student classroom than those stuck-up Gulliver and Ransom silver-spoon babies in their entire fully-paid-IB years.

So don't come to me now, Charlie Christ, thinking that changing your party to Independent from Republican isn't going to decrease your support because you have the teachers on your side after vetoing the SB6. Yes, some promised their votes, but the students who pleaded the veto didn't promise anything to you or the others that voted against the bill simply because it was in their convenience to look good before the teachers and administrators that would surely vote for them.

I promised I would fight for the public education system to stay the way it is and to benefit the teachers that work for it. Sure, it might not mean anything to you, Sir Christ, but it makes all the difference to me. I might not know anything about the troubles of underpaid careers and abusive treatment with no benefits, but I do know that I love and value the people who undergo that every day.

So, Mister Christ, I think it would be a good idea if you stuck to one side or another. Either you're with Glenn Beck or you're with Ralph Nader. There's no flopping around. I'm a proud Independent, and I like my governmental officials to know where they stand firmly and fight for their ideals as fervently as I do. With reasonable logistics, of course, because you're all in a much higher position that I'm in.

Yes, I'm barely part of the Third Estate, but this fiery Frenchwoman will wave her baguette around in protest and burn down the Bastille with her words.