Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too Much Is Not Too Little


I passed out in the car.

On a normal day, I would be tired enough to simply sit there motionless, but today I passed out cold. Like a narcoleptic, I spontaneously fell out of the universe's realities and knocked out cold against the hot window of the Toyota. Regardless of the bitter sun that burned the outside of my eyelids, I slept on. The world could have ended and I wouldn't even have noticed the rapture took place until I floated toward the sky carried by a sweet-looking Israeli man in flowy white robes surrounded by light. The sky could have fallen and I wouldn't have been one to notice the pieces were crashing to the ground at the speed of a nasty rainstorm, or even a hurricane. 

I'm usually never this tired. My thyroid medicine controls my hypothryroidism quite well. I usually have fair amounts of energy and don't just collapse asleep on the first surface I find around me. Today was different, though, because beside the fact that I slept 3 hours last night and need a higher dosage of Synthroid, today I woke up with stuffy ears and an ornithological/laryngeal infection.  Usually one needs to go to the doctor to get diagnosed with such a condition, but having been diagnosed with these conditions every single time I had a cold since I was 5, I think I know better than to miss a day at school so that the lady in the white robe can tell me what she's always been telling me. Besides, I don't need a doctor to tell me I have bronchitis when I'm coughing up my lungs and it sounds like the Mucinex crew is having a dance party in the middle of my chest. 

The worst part of this all is the MAC1105 exam and the ARH1000 quiz I have to take tomorrow. I'm usually pretty sharp, but under these conditions, I don't think I'll even be able to draw a straight line. I just want to curl up into a ball in a big, comfy armchair, somewhere in Oregon during the winter, before a smoking fire, with hot chocolate and Enigma's Return to Innocence playing softy around the warm room.